Thursday, January 13, 2005

Inspiring!

"If you nurture a relationship like a garden with the living water of Jesus, it will survive storms, heat, cold and dark to bear a lifetime of sustaining fruit."

Eric Fellman



I have been reading a few books on relationship lately and I have began to learn what true manhood is and how putting Jesus in the picture beautify the art piece. Although the books were written about boy-girl relationships, I was really inspired to be a God's man and not a men's man. I have to really thank the authors for giving me a whole new insight to Christian relationships.



I did have a fear about getting attached in church as I thought that there are too MANY procedures, etc. How wrong can I be? Those are not unnecessary procedures but they are actually helpful guiding posts. Relationships like our tongues hold the well of life and death. A correct and God-blessed relationship can bring love, peace and great joy to the couple whereas a wrong, quarrelsome couple only brings hurts, sorrows and death to their souls.



In a relationship, it is no longer about ME, I, MYSELF, the unholy trinity. When a relationship is concerned, it will always be giving and giving and more giving. How foolish is one who thinks that a relationship can actually give him/her love, security or even fun. How can someone trust a man (generic) totally? No man is perfect and man, even your close ones, may fail you in some ways. I am starting to learn and renew my mind... to always place my hope in Jesus Christ. He is the only TRUE SOURCE of joy, love and hope! This is indeed going to be a great year as I start to bring each and every focus back to Him. Every wrong focuses will be re-directed and every wrong mindset will be straightened out. It is not going to be easy but it will sure be one exciting journey.



Books I have read which really inspire me:

1. When God writes your Love Story by Eric and Leslie Ludy

2. I Kissed Dating GOODBYE by Joshua Harris

3. Boy Meets Girl by Joshua Harris

4. Every Young Man's Battle by Arteburn and Stoeker (Fantastic book!)



Books that I am currently reading:

1. not even a hint by Joshua Harris

2. I Kissed Dating GOODBYE (Re-reading... to re-inspire myself!)

3. Every man. God's man by Arteburn and Kenny Luck



They are really great books and it has not only helped me in areas of relationships but also encouraged me to live right for God. We only have this life and we have got to live it right. These authors are really great as they really share out from their hearts. I am very blessed to have picked up these books from the bookstores. I really hope that you will have a vision in your life. If you do not have one, why not start by telling yourself that you want to live right for your Saviour, the one who rescued you from the darkness! :) God bless!



Be Inspired, Live LIFE to the FULLEST!





FOOTPRINTS



One night a man had a dream.

He dreamed he was walking across the

beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed

scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed

two sets of footprints in the sand, one

belonging to him, and the other to the Lord.



When the last scene of his life flashed before

him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of

his life there was only one set of footprints. He

also noticed that it happened at the very lowest

and saddest times in his life.



This really bothered him and he questioned

the Lord about it. "Lord, You said that once I

decided to follow You, You'd walk with me all the

way. But I have noticed that during the most

troublesome times in my life, there is only one set

of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed

You the most You would leave me."The Lord replied,

"My son, my precious child, I love you and would never

leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when

you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

No comments: