Saturday, November 12, 2005

Happiness =)

Recently, I was discussing some stuff with a colleague of mine and something struck me. I was encouraging him on something and I was, as usual, rattling away. Suddenly, I noticed that I wrote something, which I did not really understand before. I wrote: "Happiness is found, not given." I only realised the punch of this sentence after I finished writing. I did not consciously write this down. Rather, I was just writing straight out from my thoughts.

I meditated on what I had written and kinda explain what I meant by this phrase to my friend. As I was explaining, supposedly to him, I was enlightening myself at the same time! I was totally amazed and I know that this was inspired by God! I really do thank God for these thoughts and revelations, which He had placed in me.

Happiness is truly not given. If we do wait for people to give us happiness, we may be bitter always. Why? It is because our mood will then depend on how other people treat us and whether the other party is willing to make your day. If the other party is in a bad mood and in turn, decide not to give lift you up, you will practically not get happiness. However, if our happiness is independent of others, we will always be happy whenever we want! All it takes is that we WANT to be happy. This way, we will be happy even if others are not giving us any positive remarks, reports, etc. In addition, we will be HAPPIER if others decide to give us some additional happiness! So this kinda says it! It is definitely better to find your own happiness, rather than to wait for happiness to be given. In this way, it is always a win-win situation!

I am a child of God,
Happy will I stay always!
I am a child of God,
no amount of sorrows can take my joy away,
for in Him, happiness is found!
Never will happiness be determined by others,
rather, I will find my own happiness,
in God, in myself and in the things I like!
Happiness is pure and is of me!
I am a child of God,
full of happiness I proclaim!

No comments: