Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Moving On to the Next Chapter...

After about a year plus of not going to school, I am finally going back to one! It will happen next Friday! Guess where? It will be at the Singapore’s fourth university, SIM University! The last time I attended school was when I was doing an Advance Certificate in Theology at City Harvest Bible Training Center. It was a short course spanning 1 year and I am happy to say that I really enjoyed and learnt a lot from that 1-year.

Now that I am going back to school again, I am really looking forward to the new people I am going to meet and a host of information, which I am going to acquire. I am taking a Degree course in Marketing. I am actually very excited about this course. I have always wanted to know more about marketing, the art of promoting and how one goes about bragging about itself. Some people say that marketing is like sales. I beg to differ. I have done a fair share of sales during my time in Prudential and I have to admit that selling was not that fun. Ha! Ironically, selling is the most essential part of a business. Closely following it is the company’s marketing department.

If a product is not properly packaged or promoted, selling, by itself, does possess much power. To me, doing sales is a challenge. However, I am more interested in the planning of how a product can be sold rather than the actual selling of the product. Thus, the interests in taking up a Degree course majoring in marketing.

Having revealed the first few sentences of the new chapter in my life, I ask for your prayers and guidance. Share with me your insights and advice, as I begin to tread on the road littered with valuable knowledge and information. I will be going down this road for 3 years and if at any moment you were inspired to share something with me, just email or contact me. I will gladly receive it with open arms and ears. For my brothers and sisters in church, continue to pray for me. Pray that I will have the strength and the capacity to make the most out of the course.

As I prepare to end this entry, I would like to thank you people for the interest and concern you have upon my life and for all the prayers and encouragement!

No comments: