Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A few Quotes to Remember

Today is the third time I am watching this touching and heart-warming movie, "A Walk to Remember" in the week. I must admit that it will always move me to tears... no matter how many times I have seen it... It is so good that this has kind of been an alternative medicine for my soul... when all things fail... when I am downcast or sad... I will indulge myself into this story... And whenever I do that... love becomes so tangible and real...

Some unforgettable scenes -

Landon reading off a book of quotes that Jamie gave to him when she was in the hospital:

"Love is always patient and kind.
It is never jealous.
Love is never boastful or conceited.
It is never rude or selfish,
it does not take offence, it is not resentful."

Jamie speaking to Landon after he read the quote above:

"Maybe God has a bigger plan for me than I have for myself..."

"... like this journey never ends"

"...like you're sent to me because I am sick, to help me through all these...."

(short pause, Jamie feeling Landon's hand that is on her face)

"... You're my angel!"

(Landon leaned forward to kiss Jamie)

Landon's thoughts as he was walking down a bridge, reminscing on what Jamie had done for him:

"Jamie saved my life. She taught me everything... about life, hope and a long journey ahead. I'll always miss her. But her love is like the wind. I can't see it but I can feel it."


One of the scenes that made me wept like a baby was when Landon, after knowing that his dad had paid for private home care for Jamie, went to look for his dad. He knocked... waiting for his dad to open the door. He has always hated his dad for leaving his family.

Then his dad opened the door... seeing Landon standing there, with his eyes welling up with tears. His dad moved forward and opened up his arms to hug him. Landon broke down the moment his dad embraced him in his arms.

This is love at its purest... from both parties. His dad helped Jamie, Landon's girlfriend, even when Landon was mean towards him... angry at him for leaving his mum and him. Landon, despite his hatred for his dad, thanked him from the bottom of his heart and he even broke down in front of him. This is love... this movie is filled with love, peace and joy, even when Jamie had to die.

I am searching for this pure love and I know that for me to have this kind of pure love, I have to act in the same way... It is movie like this that really touches and rekindled the pure love that is inside one's heart. How this love is so different from the love we experience daily in our love. Ah.... it is just so refreshing to my soul, even when I am just relating and writing this to you....

No comments: